1850 Austin Road Ste 100 Owatonna, MN 55060
Serving Dodge, Freeborn, Rice, Steele, and Waseca counties, MN
The Exchange Club Center for Family Unity has been serving families through our Parent Mentor Program since it was established in 1984, providing Parent Mentoring Services to parents at risk of abusing or neglecting their children. Initially starting in Steele County, the Center now serves Dodge, Freeborn, Rice, Steele, and Waseca Counties. The Center has since expanded programs to include; Supervised Visitation, Safe Exchange, and Darkness to Light Sexual Abuse Awareness Certification.
Our mission is to educate and support families and communities in the prevention of child abuse.
Our organizational goals are:
1) Children and Youth Are Nurtured, Safe and Engaged
2) Families Are Strong and Connected
3) Identified Families Access Services and Supports
4) Families Free from Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
5) Communities Are Caring and Responsive
6) Vulnerable Communities Have the Capacity To Respond
Our main program is our In-Home Parent Mentoring program which is designed to strengthen the family unit and create a better quality of life within the home. We provide weekly parent education and support on a one-to-one basis, for parents who are in life situations that make it difficult for them to adequately parent their children. These situations involve stressors that include chemical health issues and dependency, mental health issues (the parent and/or the child), family death, and abuse and/or neglect situations. This program primarily focuses on parents that are at risk of abusing or neglecting their children. Exchange Parent Mentor is an evidenced-based model. Parents are matched with a mentor who teaches parenting skills and models coping skills while building a peer relationship with the parent.
BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION!
With your support, we can put an end to child abuse in our communities. Thank you for your support in 2019 and in the future!
Schedule of Events:
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Social Hour and Short Program
Including Live Music, Hor d'oeuvres, and a Private Tour
7:00 pm Auditorium seating begins
7:30 pm Play begins - PLAY TBD
Come join us for an evening out while supporting Child Abuse Prevention in your community! The evening begins as you are escorted through the V.I.P. side entrance of the theater to a private reception hall. There you will enjoy a relaxing evening with live music and hor d'oeuvres provided by Faribault's own Arna Farmer. Our guests will then be given the opportunity for a behind the scenes tour of the theater. Discovery where all the magic happens!
All V.I.P. Ticket holders will also receive an Event T-Shirt.
1) Online - use the drop down box above, select individual or couple and checkout using a debit or credit card.
2) Tickets are available at Faribault Print Shop. Downtown Faribault.
3) Call Annette Duncan at 507-363-1118 to reserve your tickets. A credit or debit card will be needed to reserve your tickets. Tickets will be available at the registration table at the event.
Check Back Soon for Details on this Event...